Hot Air Balloon - 15 Min Tethered Flight
Starting 26 April, Experience the exciting lift-off of hot air ballooning, while remaining tethered to ground. This afternoon experience is a great introduction to hot air ballooning. Each flight will last around 10-15 minutes depending on weather.
This experience depends mainly on weather conditions, such as wind speed and direction. Balloon flights may be canceled at any time, before or during the experience, due to weather conditions.
Before heading to the experience site, please visit the AlUla Hot Air Balloon Experience – Flight Status Updates page HERE for weather and flight updates on the day of your booking.
Please read the Hote Air Balloon TERMS AND CONDITIONS carefully before booking the experience.
- Dates: 22 December– 28 February 2023
- Flight duration: tethered flight: 15 minutes
- Meeting location: meet at Winter Park to catch a bus to the site. Please arrive 1:15 hours before your booking. time to join the transfer to the location. if driving direct to the venue please arrive 30 minutes before your flight to allow time for briefing on safety procedures and entrance formalities
- Parking: Complimentary at Winter Park or near the site entrance if coming with your own car
Guests should wear comfortable outdoor clothing with closed-toe walking shoes or boots. We advise bringing a jacket, as it can be cold up high in the open-air balloon. After checking in, staff will go over safety procedures to prepare you for the flight.
Height & Weight Restrictions
Height: 121 cm minimum
This height restriction is set so that children are able to see over the basket safely.
Weight: 130 kg maximum
Please note passengers will be asked to share their weight before the flight. Even weight distribution is extremely important in hot air ballooning for safety purposes.
- Round-trip transportation between Winter Park and the event site
- Tethered balloon flight (15min)
- Return to event site after balloon landing
Getting To The Venue
Guests can arrive directly at the venue 30 minutes before your booking.
Alternatively, guests can meet at Winter Park 75 minutes before the start time of the experience to take a shuttle to the venue.
- Please read the terms and conditions before purchasing and note that you will be required to complete a waiver form before the activity.
- Late arrivals or no-shows may result in you forfeiting your experience.
- *Hot Air Balloon flights are suitable for children 5 years and above.
- *The flight experience is not suitable for pregnant women or people of determination, but all are welcome to come and enjoy the launch of the Balloon from the viewpoint.
- *The flight experience is not suitable if you have recently undergone surgery or have any back injuries.
Refund and Exchange Policy
Hot Air Balloon experiences have a higher likelihood of weather-related cancellations than other products as they can be impacted by weather conditions such as wind speed and direction.
We closely follow weather conditions so that we can timely communicate the status of your upcoming flight and any changes that may occur due to weather. This can happen at any time before, and even during your experience.
We will follow all required guidelines to ensure your safety and request your understanding in this matter.
What do you need to do in the event of a cancellation?
We will send you an email alert to advise you that your flight has been canceled. On the day of any canceled Hot Air Balloon events, one of our team members will contact you between 9:00 am and 5:00 pm on the day of your canceled flight to discuss options of rebooking (subject to availability) or to initiate the refund process for you. If it is not possible to rebook, you will be issued a complete refund. Please note that refunds may take up to 14 days to be processed to your bank account.