AlUla Hot Air Balloon - Upto 60 Min Untethered Flight
The experience will be restarting in AlUla Skies Festival 2024 and schedules will be updated soon. Please follow @alulamoments on Twitter or Instagram to be the first to know. We look forward to seeing you again at AlUla Skies Festival 2024
This experience depends mainly on weather conditions, such as wind speed and direction. Balloon flights may be canceled at any time, before or during the experience, due to weather conditions.
Before heading to the experience site, please visit the AlUla Hot Air Balloon Experience – Flight Status Updates page HERE for weather and flight updates on the day of your booking.
- Dates: 26 April - 13 May 2023
- Flight duration: Untethered flight: 45 minutes – 1 hour, depending on the weather
- Meeting location: meet at Winter Park to catch a bus to the site. Please arrive 1:15 hours before your booking. time to join the transfer to the location. if driving direct to the venue please arrive by 4:50 am to allow time for briefing and entrance formalities
- Parking: Complimentary at Winter Park or near the site entrance if coming with your own car
- Refreshment trucks are available at the venue.
- Hot Air Balloon flights are suitable for children 5 years and above
- The estimated drop off after landing is from 7:00 - 8:00 am
Guests should wear comfortable outdoor clothing with closed-toe walking shoes or boots. We advise bringing a jacket, as it can be cold up high in the open-air balloon. After checking in, staff will review safety procedures to prepare you for the flight.
Weight Restrictions: 130 kg
Please note passengers will be asked to share their weight before the flight. Even weight distribution is extremely important in hot air ballooning for safety purposes.
- Round-trip transportation between Winter Park and the event site
- Untethered balloon flight (45-60min)
- Return to event site after balloon landing
- Flight certificate
Getting To The Venue
Guests can arrive directly at the venue 30 minutes before your booking.
Alternatively, guests can meet at Winter Park 75 minutes before the start time of the experience to take a shuttle to the venue.
Ballooning is not appropriate for infants, young children (under the age of 5 yrs), pregnant women, individuals who have done a deep scuba dive within the past few days, and people suffering from chronic pain, have a recent injury or who have recently had a major surgery, anyone who is unable to stand without assistance for more than an hour, someone who requires assistance walking or who cannot climb stairs. You must be able to bend your knees, hang on and absorb shock under your own strength. A safe bet is if you cannot jump from a stool, a hot air balloon ride may not be appropriate or safe for you. Please understand that we will always err on the side of caution and in some cases may ask a guest to refrain from flying. If our staff cancels you because they feel they cannot fly you safely, you will not be charged, and any charges will be refunded.
- Please read the terms and conditions before purchasing and note that you will be required to complete a waiver form before the activity.
- Late arrivals or no-shows may result in you forfeiting your experience.
- *Hot Air Balloon flights are suitable for children 5 years and above.
- *The flight experience is not suitable for pregnant women or people of determination, but all are welcome to come and enjoy the launch of the Balloon from the viewpoint.
- *The flight experience is not suitable if you have recently undergone surgery or have any back injuries.
Refund and Exchange Policy
• Changes and refunds are allowed up to three days before the booked date.
• Please note that any bank credit card charges cannot be refunded.
• Changes can only be made regarding dates or times and are subject to availability.
• No refunds or changes are allowed on the day of the event.
• Please contact our team at +966 920 025 003 or send a refund request using the contact us form.
• If you booked your ticket through a third party, please coordinate with them on policies, changes, and updates.
Hot Air Balloon experiences have a higher likelihood of weather-related cancellations than other products as they can be impacted by weather conditions such as wind speed and direction.
We closely follow weather conditions so that we can timely communicate the status of your upcoming flight and any changes that may occur due to weather. This can happen at any time before, and even during your experience.
We will follow all required guidelines to ensure your safety and request your understanding in this matter.
What do you need to do in the event of a cancellation?
We will send you an email alert to advise you that your flight has been canceled. On the day of any canceled Hot Air Balloon events, one of our team members will contact you between 9:00 am and 9:00 pm on the day or next day of your canceled flight to discuss options of rebooking (subject to availability) or to initiate the refund process for you. If it is not possible to rebook, you will be issued a complete refund. Please note that refunds may take up to 14 days to be processed to your bank account.
If you did not receive a call, please call us on 9200 25003 or 00966 9200 25003 (if calling from outside KSA).